January 10, 2010

Remember.... We all love Eyehategod.

Even though this page has just been recently started, I am leaving on a week long vacation to Mexico today. It should be really refreshing because I plan to escape the everyday use of electronics and am even going to give up smoking weed for the first days in a while. Well, unless I can find some. I plan to be drunk most of the time because I want to utilize being able to drink legally as much as I can. So, I won't be posting anything for awhile. I know there's no one that reads this, but oh well.

When I was looking through my library for an album to post, I couldn't find one Mexican Stoner or Doom band. I know there's a couple in there somewhere, I just don't want to spend the time. I still have to pack and get ready. So.... I'm gonna post a band that's hands down, one of the best of their genre- Eyehategod. I recently had the opportunity to see this band, and they put on a great show. I was all alone watching this band, but EHG made me feel right at home with their Blueberry Vodka they were passing out. The lead singer was really drunk, as was I. That made me feel like we had some things in common. He was just falling down, I wasn't.

So here is my favorite album from a great sludge band that incorporates great stoner riffs. I don't feel this band is washed up, but they have made some albums that I feel weren't to great. Despite this, Mike Williams is a great lyricist and this band really knows what they're doing. So here you go...

EYEHATEGOD- Take As Needed For Pain (1993)


1 comment: